Things life brings our way

Posted by Philip R. McDavid | Posted on 1:47 AM | Posted in

Sometimes I wonder about things that life causes us to do, and brings our way. Just a few moments ago, I had to write an email to my best friend, my cousin, and to top it off, she was also like my sister.

See, I was born and raised Independant Fundemental Baptist, as was she. But I always knew there was something different about me. Something that if the world knew, I wouldn't be as accepted, well liked, and things would never be the same. I am gay.

Just three short months ago, I came out, and naturally, just as I had feared, I was not well accepted anymore, wasn't liked as much, and got shunned by many people. By the church? you ask? No, not really. Yes, naturally, a few have a hard time with it, as you'll find in any group of people. But those that had the hardest time with it, was the family.

It was 3 months before my grandmother spoke to me again. I visited the church with her, and was not spoken to by the family that was at the church, including this cousin. I had many "friends" that just walked right past me, many that didn't even bother to do that. Then there was the few that actually came up and talked to me.

Needless to say, throughout this entire experience, I have found out who loves me, and who are assholes.

Just moments ago, I made the hard decision of sending an email to my cousin, telling her....well, I'll let you read it.

"I am sorry that you couldn't come to terms with life, and in turn have blocked me out. But truth is, I don't need people to live and go on with my life. I have my real friends, and the family who cares about me, and this time in my life has shown me those who truly care, from those who don't. I really appreciate you finally showing your true feelings towards me. It is now time for me to move on, and that is just what I am going to do.

I'm afraid it's really too late to reverse anything that's already been done. It's kind of amusing. My entire life I invested in christians, and in my greatest time of need, it was the christians who stabbed me in the back and forsook me. That's okay. At least I know who is real and who isn't. I'm sure we'll see each other around, it's inevitable. We're family, and you're stuck with me. Sorry I can't be permenantly erased as you obviously would prefer me to be.

I hope that you have a nice life.

Philip"

After sending this email, I feel quite relieved and like a ton of bricks has been lifted off of my chest. Yes, I am quite hurt by how I've not only been treated, but also by how I've NOT been treated! But life goes on, and so must we. So until next time, Stay Cute!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment